Saturday, August 28, 2004

My soul needs to bleed tonight...

She is the curious girl next door who comes over to play...
She is the bossy little dark-haired beauty who insisted I join the party in the basement - but freaked me out instead…
She is the new girl next door who steals my toys and hides them...
She is the tall blonde who watched out for me in first grade when we had to go to another class for reading...
She is the teenager in the summer outfit that made me grudgingly admit to my 8-year old self that she's cute...
She is the brown-eyed girl who gave me my first butterflies when she got on the bus in 4th grade...
She is the new girl next door, now a little older, who seems to like nothing more than to push my buttons...
She is the ornery grin on that dang girl at school that made my ears turn red...
She is that same grin on my cousin’s face when she asked, “where’d you get all the big words, MIKEY?”…
She is all those questions from the sweet thing in the next seat in forth grade, the same one I eventually flirted with…
She is the pretty, innocent face of the poor girl I saw chased across the schoolyard and called names by a perfect prick…
She is my first big crush in 7th grade that I wished would just kill me quickly…
She is that slender brown-haired gal I finally noticed after six weeks of coed volleyball in gym class…
She is also the troublemaker on the bus who teased me just enough to lose all nerve with that particular teammate…
She is the inspiration I felt when I wrote my first love note at 14…
She is the reason why the first girl I kissed didn't really get to me till she dogged me...
She is the a friend like the slightly older tomboy who rode her horse to my house then made butterfly-chick flip her off…
She is the other girl next door who just plain knocks me flat with those beaming eyes...
She is the sunlight I once saw through pretty blonde hair in the Sunday School room...
She is the now shy dark-haired beauty by the pool that I tried to bond with - but gave up too quickly…
She is the mysterious babe from school lookin' GOOD in blue jeans at the mall...
She is the other girl next door who became my best bud in 10th grade...
She is the brat at church who spends zillions of hours with me on the phone…
She is the prettiest girl in the whole school starting a conversation with me in art class…
She is the new girl next door, now very attractive at 18 whom I often confuse, rarely charm, and mostly ignore...
She is the intriguing, exotic world of my first “official” girlfriend...
She is the person I truly longed for when I bawled in her very arms over the song "Hold on to the Night"...
She is the gal at work who asked me out when I didn’t have a clue…
She is the beautiful college coed whose tortured reactions always left me bewildered…
She is the essence of that one special college coed whose patience and grace helped me more than she’ll ever realize…
She is the sweet lady’s love I wasted for several years while just passing time…
She is the spirit of that sultry sweet office gal at a company picnic that really, really made me wonder…
She is the prize worth risking it all to win back in Oceans Eleven…
She is the tender chocolate-eyed morsel with a bratty streak…
She is that sassy little go-getter I can never spend enough time with…
She is the classy lady-friend who’s tolerated my earnest bungling…
She came along just as I'm realizing what I’ve been missing all my life...
She is the reason all the others weren't right...
She is definitely the reason my tune has changed...
She is the one you never believe you could get in a million years, even when she makes it clear you already have...
She is an angel from God if I ever knew one...
She is...

No comments: